10 Tips to Avoid Becoming a Missing 411 Victim

If you are unfamiliar with the Missing 411 phenomenon click this link for a brief overview.

National Parks and Forests are renown for their serene beauty. They are places in which we reconnect with nature and bask in awe-inspiring surroundings. Yet there is a dark underbelly to these pristine locations. Thousands of people who visit America’s picturesque federal lands will never return. Many of them disappear under bizarre and unusual circumstances. David Paulides, a retired police officer and prolific investigator, has chronicled hundreds of bone-chilling cases in his series Missing 411. He discovered the Department of Interior is engaged in a massive coverup, claiming they possess “no list” missing persons. Obtaining such a document would cost the requester over one million dollars.

clouds-cloudy-cold-167699
Each year hundreds of people go missing in National Parks & Forests.

There are currently far more questions than answers. Whatever sinister force is claiming hundreds of lives remains unknown. However, there is a clear and concise pattern repeatedly seen amongst all demises. With this information, we can better prevent falling prey to future incidents. The next time you plan on exploring any of America’s government-owned territories please keep the following tips in mind.

1. Always take someone else along during outdoor ventures. There appears to be safety in numbers. If you must travel alone then be sure to tell a loved one where you are going and when you plan on returning.

2. Carry a transponder/ personal locator as well as a firearm (if doing so is legal in your state and you are proficient in gun safety). David Paulides has investigated thousands of cases and states that he’s never seen anyone go missing who possesses both these important tools.
  3. Do not wear brightly or unnaturally colored clothing. Stick with hues found in the surrounding environment such as forest green, brown, black or gray.
  4. Stick towards the front or middle of a group. For unknown reasons, those who are last in line get lost at alarming rates. It’s as if some intelligent entity strategically targets human beings who are out of site.
  5. Be aware of locational clusters throughout the United States. There are certain areas in North America where individuals vanish at much higher rates. Should you venture to any of these locations be sure to take additional precautions.
  6. Whenever possible, refrain from trekking near streams, rivers, ponds and lakes. A common thread amongst the missing involves being located near some type of water body. Swamps and marshes are also applicably dangerous.
  7. Steer clear of berry patches. Many who are snatched were in the midst of picking berries. Some speculate the food source may attract an unseen predator.
  8. Avoid hiking during the hours of 2:30 PM- 6:30 PM. For unknown reasons, a vast majority of casualties are abducted in the late afternoon or early evening. Stick with morning ventures if doing so is feasible.
  9. Keep a healthy distance from boulder fields. A reoccurring theme consistently present amongst victims is being taken from an area with high levels of granite.
  10. Listen to your intuition. Friends and relatives of the missing frequently inform authorities that the victim had complained of “not feeling well” or “being tired” shortly before disappearing. If something feels off, follow your instincts and get somewhere safe quickly.
IMG_1011
There are dozens of “clusters” throughout the United States.

Fourth of July weekend is one of the year’s most popular periods to visit a National Park. Please stay safe and take proper precautions the next time you embark on outdoor endeavors.

7 thoughts on “10 Tips to Avoid Becoming a Missing 411 Victim

1. Mae Clair July 5, 2019 / 3:12 pm

Interesting. I’ve heard a bit about disappearances from National Parks but never delved deeply into research ofrreading more about them. I may have to look into the 411 Series.
    Thanks for the post.

• Ash July 5, 2019 / 6:16 pm

Of all the strange subjects I investigate Missing 411 is definitely one of the most intriguing. If you want more information/ basic rundown then check out my original article that is linked at the top of this post. YouTube also has a lot of great interviews with the author, David Paulides. Thanks so much for reading and for your comment!

• Mae Clair July 5, 2019 / 6:48 pm

Thanks for the info!

• Ash July 5, 2019 / 7:01 pm

You’re so welcome! I just want to keep people aware and safe when then venture out in the woods. Even if only one person takes some helpful advice from this list then my job is complete.

• Mae Clair July 5, 2019 / 8:19 pm

Good for you! 🙂

2. brockbuildersteel July 6, 2019 / 3:12 am

This a very interesting post here Ask. If I may state a couple of cases, one being my own and then one I had read of while exploring Phantoms and Monster ‘pulse of the paranormal of a Colorado hunter. I with when I was a boy of about 10 year of age, we were upon our annual travels, and had just arrived at my aunt and Uncles home in the country, I and my Boy Cousin around the same age, to avoid being tackled and mounted by a pack of girl country cousins both grabbed up an old canvas rock sack loaded it with steel hand mallets and cold chisels’ to go crinoids fossil hunting. While back in the hills along what was a clove but steady moving creek turned into a very deep long wide pool of standing black water as it was that deep. I stepped walking out upon a sandy edge to go peer down to check its depth. When my weight with a fossil and tool loaded heavy rock pack and movements of my steps started the sand beneath my boots to start sinking down in the seemingly solid support sand no suddenly initiating liquefaction. If I had been along, and if I had not quickly realized my sudden predicament I very well may have become a 411 case as I would have disappeared into the quicksand beneath me. My feet have never moved that fast as I panicked and bolted away.

As for the Colorado hunter’s case. He was trekking along a game trail when his eye caught a slight anomaly as he look just before approaching and stepping in through, he noticed ahead that the seen before him was as if it was a mirrored image of his surroundings, appearing normal but with a inclusion a slight light fragmentation. He approached with great caution and perplexed he put his boot forward when it disappeared foot and all to his shin, retracted it, and back off fast and fled the forest abandoning his hunt. Ash, this was a Portal and it was only directly on this game trail, not off to the side but directly along this game trail as he reported it.

• Marianne Alana July 9, 2019 / 1:34 am

Wow!! I have chills. I’m just starting the documentary Missing 411. Shocking and scary.